Director of Strategic Account Growth
Purpose is the future of work, and Imperative, a B Corp, is the pioneer and leader in helping employers attract and unleash their purpose-oriented professionals. Launched in 2014, we have partnered with employers like LinkedIn, Deloitte, Accenture, Medtronic, MetLife, Carnival Corp, Etsy, West Elm, Kenneth Cole and a diverse group of non-profit organizations in everything from animal welfare to human rights to create their own purpose movements. Our purpose assessments and technology platform have been used by hundreds of thousands of professionals seeking to maximize workplace fulfillment - taking employee engagement to the next level. Co-founded by Aaron Hurst, founder of the Taproot Foundation and author of “The Purpose Economy”, Imperative was a TED Prize finalist and has been featured in publications from the New York Times to Fast Company. At our office, we work with purpose.
About the role
We are seeking a purpose-driven Director of Strategic Accounts to be the critical link between our products, programs, and partners. This position supports our lifetime customers and their leadership teams to help create sustainable and scalable culture change within their organizations. A sales mindset to grow the accounts and ensure annual renewals is essential.
Driving adoption and usage of the Imperative purpose assessment and technology platform throughout partner organizations to include all departments, employees and leadership
Building and managing strategic relationships and executive sponsorship within accounts, creating an opportunity to institutionalize and embrace purpose-driven leadership
Developing and leading strategic account plans to include: quarterly business reviews, securing renewals, expansion and increased partnerships within accounts
Aligning the Imperative product roadmap with customer expectations; attaching product, platform and solutions to high value problems within your accounts
Facilitating portions of the Certified Purpose Leader training programs and contributing to the ongoing content development of this and other new programs
What you will gain
Relationships: You will be the right-hand of senior leaders within some of the most progressive and innovative employers. You will closely collaborate with the rest of the Imperative team, sharing successes and insights, delivering tools and training, and contributing to product and program development.
Impact: You will help our partners have impact in three areas; working with purpose (in their own work), leading the purpose movement in their organization, and contributing to the larger purpose movement in society. You will help lead the development of the purpose community, as well as design and develop systems and methods to grow your capacity as a way to further scale your impact.
Growth: You will become one of the top experts on purpose at work, learn about numerous innovative organizations, and be a part of an exciting environment where you are in charge of your own success.
- You have experience working with senior leaders and advising on culture initiatives.
- You are optimistic and can communicate an authentic, compelling and inspired vision or purpose
- You solve problems by creating tools, processes and materials so people can help themselves
- You have a thirst for knowledge and an intellectual curiosity about our markets, our customers, and the problems we solve.
- You quickly internalize new knowledge and understand new industries
- You have 5 years of experience working within business environments, utilizing and developing business acumen
- You have 3 years of experience working within a variety of areas: HR business partner, recruiting, training, leadership development, performance management, talent analytics, project management, change management, and/or relationship-based account management
- B.A. or equivalent experience preferred
We are based in Level Office in bustling Pioneer Square. Benefits begin on your first day: health, dental, vision, optional 401k enrollment. Dog friendly offices!